CUPE Ontario retirees are members of the Canadian Union of Public Employees currently retired and living across Ontario.
When our public services, pensions, benefits, and public healthcare system are threatened by all levels of governments and their corporate allies, we strongly believe that we as retirees need to come together to fight to protect our hard won-rights and to express our solidarity to the current unionized and non-unionized workers who are fighting for better working conditions and to build a better society.
To join our network, fill out the form at the bottom of this page or simply call us at 905-739-9739 or e-mail us at [email protected]
Current chair/executive board rep of our Retirees Network, Stephen Seaborn of CUPE Local 1281.
• The OMERS Sponsor Corporation Board of Directors will be voting on a proposal to eliminate guaranteed indexing for service earned after December 31, 2022. Click here to read the letter to CUPE Ontario Retirees Network regarding the Upcoming Vote at OMERS.
• There’s a lot of misleading information circulating about “Shared Risk Indexing”, from OMERS management, and from other Sponsor Organizations. Click here to read the truth about OMERS’ “Shared Risk Indexing” proposal.
• CUPE Retirees Network member, Ed Thomas of local 5167 (pictured here on the right) has shared “terms of reference” and model By Laws for Retirees Committees at locals. Get your copy of each to share with your local. Contact [email protected]
• Serious cuts are being made to the services delivered by the now-retired members of CUPE
• Ford’s cuts directly violate the human rights of older persons as defined by the UN Independent Expert on older adults.
• Cuts in our communities impact CUPE’s retired members across Ontario. Our reliance on long term care facilities, hospitals, municipal health service supports for disabilities are increasing just as those services fall victim to dramatic cutbacks.
“Recycling” our members back into activism provides huge potential in the age of Doug Ford. ♻️
The Canadian Union of Public Employees Local 1281 retiree rep met recently with retirees at CUPE Local 79 to explore how to maintain contact with members aging out of the workforce.
Join the Retirees Network
Just fill in the form below.