The Ontario Municipal Employees Coordinating Committee is a body of CUPE locals representing people who work for municipalities. We are 80,000 people who maintain roads, operate water and sewage plants, perform clerical and technical duties, install and repair traffic lights, deliver social services, maintain our parks, collect garbage and recycling, keep the streets clean and do many, many more things that make our towns and cities work.
OMECC keeps a close eye on collective bargaining, pensions, legislation and other political and social justice issues. We coordinate campaigns against concessions and contracting out, and give workers a voice in protecting the municipal services we all rely on.
Help keep Toronto’s Solid Waste Public
Check back later for upcoming conferences!
- COVID-19 Vaccine Policies FAQ
- Click here to access COVID-19 resources for the Black community.
- Click here for COVID-19 information & updates.
- COVID-19: Protecting the Health and Safety of Workers in the Municipal Sector
- Emergency orders impacting municipal workers as of April 16th
- Changes in Operations of Drinking Water and Wastewater/Sewage Systems
- Read the OMECC submission to MOHLTC on public health modernization here.
What We Do
Keep Hamilton Transit Public
Stop the privatization of Hamilton public transit.
Campaigns and Events
CUPE Ontario represents several thousand Library workers across Ontario. This committee deals with the important issues affecting library workers, including coordination of bargaining and provincial legislation.
CUPE Ontario represents thousands of electrical utility workers across Ontario who have fought back numerous attempts to sell off critical public services and infrastructure. Members continue to challenge the impacts of previous deregulation and privatization attempts and are fighting new threats to sell off public electrical transmission and distribution.
Duty to Disclose decisions
Municipal Conflict of Interest decisions
Send us a message!
Send a message to the Ontario Municipal Employees Coordinating Committee – just fill in the form below and we will get back to you.