CUPE Ontario retirees are members of the Canadian Union of Public Employees currently retired and living in different parts of Ontario. We have come together to form the CUPE Ontario Retirees.
When our public services, pensions – benefits, and public healthcare system are under threat by all levels of governments and their corporate allies, we strongly believe that we as retirees need to come together to fight to protect our hard won-rights and to express our solidarity to the current unionized and un-unionized workers who are continuing the struggle for a better working conditions and to build a better society.
CUPE Ontario Retirees will organize all the retirees who were previously CUPE members and currently retired.
CUPE Ontario Retirees will commit to work on:
- Defending public services.
- Defending pensions and benefits.
- Defending the Public Health Care System and exposing the true nature and exploitation of the Pharmaceutical Trans-National Corporations.
- Campaigning for a National Pension Plan to improve upon CPP.
- Building alliances with Seniors Groups which are working on social justice issues.
- Working closely with organizations that are protecting public services, including the Public Health Care System.
- Sharing our experiences with young workers.
For more information about us and to find out how to join, simply call us at 905-739-9739 or e-mail us at [email protected]
You can also fill out the form on this page to sign up!