Please Click Here to find recent news, events and information from CUPE Ontario.
Ryan, Hahn re-elected to lead CUPE Ontario
Sid Ryan has been re-elected as President of CUPE Ontario and Fred Hahn as Secretary-Treasurer by delegates at the union’s 45th annual convention.
You have my absolute commitment that all of the campaigns we’ve discussed this week will be well represented in the media and at Queen’s Park over the next two years, said Ryan. He paid tribute to candidate Janice Folk-Dawson for providing what we so desperately need and that’s democracy at the grassroots. In her concession speech, Folk-Dawson asked delegates to make the vote unanimous and go forward to campaign against the dismantling of the public sector.
In his acceptance speech, Fred Hahn also focused on the job ahead. We’ve got a lot to do to work with National, the Region and locals to build power in this union. That’s what is needed to make our workers and communities strong.
Results of the 2008 CUPE Ontario elections are as follows. Sectoral leaders were elected at their respective conferences earlier this year.
President: Sid Ryan
Secretary-Treasurer Fred Hahn
1st Vice President Michael Hurley
2nd Vice President Candace Rennick
3rd Vice President Ajamu Nangwaya
4th Vice President Denise Hammond
Members at large: Shelly Bird; Henry Bosch; Dan Crow; Henri Giroux, Wyman MacKinnon; Graham Potts
Sectoral Chairs: Dharam Boodhoo, Rebekah Condon, Janice Folk-Dawson, Terri Preston, Sue Schmidt
Diversity Chairs: Yolanda McClean, Joanne Webb
Congratulations to all board members.
- Convention Videos
- Convention Photographs
- Convention Capsules
- CUPE Ontario 45th annual convention opens in Niagara Falls; largest Ontario union continues to grow
- CUPE Ontario Niagara convention delegates to press province to stop underfunding services for at-risk children, youth
- Election Candidates Information
- CUPE Ontario 45th Annual Convention Niagara Falls Wednesday, May 21 to Saturday, May 24 (advance call) (66.4 Kb)
- Convention Agenda (105.7 Kb)
- Executive Board Reports (232.4 Kb)
- Convention Meetings/Caucuses (75.3 Kb)
- Convention Meetings/Caucuses (french) (75.9 Kb)
- On Site Child Care Flyer 2008-French (25.0 Kb)
- On Site Child Care & Kid’s Camp Updated Info. (25.0 Kb)
- Resolutions and Constitutional Amendments 2008 (french) (250.0 Kb)
- Resolutions and Constitutional Amendments 2008 (220.2 Kb)
- CUPE Ontario Convention Events (french) (69.9 Kb)
- CUPE Ontario Convention Events (94.1 Kb)
- 45th Annual Convention Call (91.7 Kb)
- CUPE Ontario May 2008 Convention Action Plan – 2007 Report Card (375.3 Kb)