Please Click Here to find recent news, events and information from CUPE Ontario.
In addition to large campaigns, the CUPE Ontario International Solidarity Committee stands in solidarity with progressive partner organizations, supporting workers rights issues across the globe. Some of these initiatives are listed below.
Campaigns supported by the International Solidarity Committee
- Respect Human Rights and Stop Canada-Honduras Free Trade Agreement Negotiations
- Latin American Solidarity, including campaign to stop Canada-Colombia FTA, against the coup in Honduras
Latin American & Caribbean Solidarity Network http://lacsn.weebly.com/index.html
- Ongoing worker-to-worker solidarity with Iran’s labour movement
International Alliacne in Support of Workers in Iran (IASW) http://www.workers-iran.org/
- Breaking the silence on atrocities in the Democratic Republic of the Congo
Friends of the Congo http://www.friendsofthecongo.org/
- Solidarity with targetted journalists in Sri Lanka
- CUPE Ontario Condemns Honduran Coup, Expresses Solidarity with Honduran People
- First Declaration of the Latin-American Trade Unionists Coalition of Canada-Latuc, May 29, 2008