Please Click Here to find recent news, events and information from CUPE Ontario.
Hello, CUPE members and citizens of Belleville, Ontario, Canada. My name is Janna Munkittrick-Colton. I am running for School Board Trustee on October 25, 2010. I am running for the Public Board Trustee for the Hastings Prince Edward District School Board, Belleville Ward.
I have worked with many of the families in the community and have an understanding of what they want and need for their children.
I love the City of Belleville – there are so many positive things about our city and our education system but we need to ensure that we understand all of the underlying issues that affect our families and children in the community.
I believe that:
1) Education for all children is important
2) We need to continue to support the Safe Schools policies
3) We need to have a full understanding around the full day kindergartens
and the affect that it has on our community families
4) Literacy is important to the future of our youth
I strongly believe that BELLEVILLE FAMILIES MATTER and BELLEVILLE’S CHILDREN MATTER and that we need to continue development our education system with the younger citizens in mind.
“I would like to share some reasons that make me suitable to be your School Board Trustee?”
· I would be representative of the average working person
· I have an understanding about dealing with violence in the schools
· I promise that I will be a persistent voice that reaches the ears of my fellow trustees to ensure that all sides of a concern are heard before a decision is made
· I am a trained researcher, I will ensure that I understand all of the issues and I promise that I will respond to all concerns in a timely manner
· I will be a voice for the Children and Youth of our city so that we can better understand their issues and work with their families to find solutions.
I will be making my presence known, knocking on doors throughout the community. I will be holding family meetings with storytimes and puppet shows at various city parks during the summer. This will provide me with an opportunity to get to know the parents and what matters to them within the education system.
Please contact me at [email protected].com