- Stand Up for Fairness
- Leadership Tour 2014
- Solidarity with Striking Bonfield Municipal Workers
- Save Child Care in Ontario
- Sign the petition against Bill C-525
- Time to Care - Long Term Care
- Personal Support Worker (PSW) Registry
- Raise the Rates! Fight Poverty!
- Archived Files
- Archives 2009
- Archives 2010
- Archives 2011
- Solidarity with Striking University of Windsor Workers CUPE Local 1393
- Archives 2012
- Close The Gap - Pay Equity
- New TV ad marks next phase of CUPE campaign
- Ontario Budget 2013
- Shadow Summit and Mass Rally
- CUPE 1281 beats back unprecedented lockout—Full-time staff return to work at Continuing Education Students' Association at Ryerson
Defend Workers Rights!
March 30th, 2011:
Bill 150, which takes away the rights of workers to strike, passed today at Queen's Park. Only the NDP members of parliament voted against the bill.
The Liberal's Bill 150, which would remove the right to strike permanently from our own Local Two, is currently being rammed through the Provincial legislature. This bill is being pushed through for no better purpose than to appease Toronto Mayor Rob Ford and, sadly, to further demonize public sector workers.
As a union, we need to defend our union rights. By attempting to prevent locals from striking, the province is trying to take away a key right that our members rely on in order to ensure they can get a fair deal. Join us in supporting local two as well as locals of the the ATU and IAM.
Toronto Star: "A centrist changes his tune" Friday, February 25th, 2011
Globe & Mail: "Banning transit strikes is a bad idea" Wednesday, February 23rd, 2011