Events & Conferences
NOTE: Registrations for the Health and Safety conference have now been closed. The conference is at capacity.
All hotel reservations are to be made through W.E. Travel at 1-888- 676-7747 no later than Friday, September 30th.
Room rates: Cityview: $119.00 + taxes/Fallsview: $159.00
Non-Affiliates – $375.00
Late Fee per Delegate after Friday, October 14th – $50.00
Join CUPE Ontario Secretary-Treasurer Candace Rennick as she presents at the Ontario Health Coalition’s long-term care conference on October 28, 2016! Don’t miss this opportunity to deepen our understanding of what is needed to reform long-term care in the public interest, and to forge dialogue between resident and family organizations, care workers and their unions, academics, advocacy groups, non-profit social and health organizations, and government representatives.
- Cross-Country Round Up — Report-ins from provinces on the state of long-term care across Canada
- Re-Visioning Long-Term Care — Panel discussion: what are the key elements of progressive reform in long-term care?
- Round Table Discussion — Key issues for residents and families
- Round Table Discussion — Key issues for the workforce
- Moving Forward — Is there consensus around key elements of progressive reform? How can we build and invigorate a movement to achieve these?
WHAT: Ontario Health Coalition Conference: Reforming Long-Term Care Homes in the Public Interest
WHEN: Friday, October 28, 2016 from 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
WHERE: Bond Place Hotel, 65 Dundas Street East, Toronto
For more information on the event, and for registration details, please click here.
Welcome to CUPE Ontario
CUPE is Ontario’s community union. Our members provide the quality public services we all rely on, in every part of the province, every day.
CUPE Ontario provides a strong political voice for more than 258,00 members across the province. Our members are proud to provide front-line services that support the communities in which we live and work.
Our members work in six main areas: social services, health care, municipalities, school boards, universities and airlines.
Member locals choose to affiliate with CUPE Ontario because, together, we advocate for equality, strong public services, healthy communities, and a better Ontario for everyone.